Winter and Holiday Safety

Please remember while you are decorating for the holidays, keep all flamables away from the fire place.  Be sure you don't overload extension cords.  Holiday lights are notorious for setting trees on fire.  Never leave the house with your Christmas tree lit.  Make certain you keep your tree watered and away from open flames, including candles and fireplaces.   Never leave burning candles unattended and extinguish them when leaving the house or going to bed.  Keep holiday lights away from fabrics/curtains, as the heat from those lights, especially older lights, can also start a fire.

When in doubt, THROW IT OUT.  Any old lights should be discarded, if you turn them on and they get hot, get rid of them.  If you notice any frays or see flickers that should not be flickering, toss it.  It's better to be safe than sorry. 

Like us on Facebook!   Facebook